Bad breath can be very embarrassing, fortunately there are numerous ways to fight it. Here are some tips that can help you fight bad breath as well as make your mouth feel fresh and clean.
1. Brush your teeth after every meal and floss at least once a day. Flossing will remove food debris from between your teeth, especially in areas where a toothbrush can’t reach.
2. Scrape or brush your tongue every time you brush your teeth. It will kill any bacteria living there, too.
3. You should replace your toothbrush every two to three months, or sooner when the bristles become frayed or worn.
4. Avoid eating specific foods such as onions, garlic, and curry, because they contain chemicals that stay in your system for hours, until they’re processed out.
5. Drink plenty of water. Water helps flush away food debris and speed up the production of saliva, which acts as a constant cleansing agent.
6. Chew a stick of gum after a meal to help with the cleaning off of food particles.
7. If you currently smoke, we strongly recommend you quit! Smoking causes yellow teeth, gum disease, and bad breath.
8. Drinking alcohol and caffeine can cause dry mouth, which is a main reason of bad breath.
9. Mouthwash rinse that is alcohol-free also helps to kill off bacteria, freshens your breath and adds extra protection to your mouth.
10. Visit your dentist every six months for checkups and cleanings.